Lentil was discovered over 10000 years ago in Greece and some regions in the Middle East. Lentil is made into a soup in Greece and many other regions. It is also made into a casserole or stew in Middle East.
Lentil soup can include a variety of vegetables including carrots, potatoes, celery, parsley, tomato, onions, and garlic. It can be garnished with bay leaf, croutons, or chopped herbs and topped with a drizzle of olive oil. It can be served next to yogurt. You can add your favorite spices including salt and black pepper.
Lentil is an excellent source of fiber, complex carbohydrates, folate and magnesium.
- Put lentils, carrots, onion and water in a pot and place on a high heat. Leave till boiling then reduce heat.
- Mix the vegetables with lentils and leave to boil for 20 minutes.
- Grind lentils, carrots and onion in the blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the soup and return to the heat to boil for a while.
- Serve the soup and garnish with parsley.